Terraformer said:sign me up, put me away, lock the door and throw away the key
sign me up, put me away, lock the door and throw away the key
antovolk said: Terraformer said:sign me up, put me away, lock the door and throw away the key?
Terraformer said:How will the Fifield scene play out like?
How will the Fifield scene play out like?
The original sequencing of the scenes is described on the writers's commentary. From what I remember:
-Shaw blacks out and wakes up in med bay
-I'm guessing the deleted scene with Vickers and Janek goes here???
-Shaw attacks the medics and performs the C-section
-After the C-section, Shaw meets Weyland
-While Shaw, David and Weyland are in the elevator heading to meet the Engineer, the deleted Fifield Attacks scene happens, in which:
1. Many mercenaries die holding Fifield back while Weyland boards the ATV; meanwhile, Janek suits up.
2. The driver is the guy Fifield hooks with the axe and pulls out of the back door, while Janek arrives;
3. Shaw takes control of the ATV and backs over Fifield with it; Janek enters and torches Fifield while Shaw crushes him.
4. Shaw and Janek have an alternate version of their conversation before Shaw departs.
Something like that. With the screenplay, a complete reconstruction may be possible, but LOTS of little bits of footage are needed to make it work the way it was intended to, so it's gonna be a lot of work for the creator of the new edit.
Really loved the final batch of deleted scenes. I think the only thing about it I wouldn't recommend using is the alternate "fucking robot" line. I think Shaw being so cruel to David is justified by the story, but I like that in the theatrical cut she doesn't seem petty, and finds David nonthreatening in headless form. After all, Shaw knows that David was following orders and wanted Weyland dead, so it makes sense to me that they would be on good terms at the end of the film.
Rather than tell the fan-editor what to do, I'll just say what I would do with all of his resources:
1. Arrival of the Engineers extended scene
2. Peter Weyland TED Conference - full - follows the first scene.
4. All of the deleted scenes included up EXCEPT alternate Fifield Attacks (personal preference)
5. Add extended "Paradise" footage but use the footage from the theatrical version wherever possible.
The other virals don't really fit for me because they contain redundant information about the characters, imo. The Weyland one, however, adds rich layers to the rest of the film by bringing up the Nietzchean themes -- especially with regards to personal ethics and God. This is VERY helpful to the film. It is kindof long, however. I would watch the various versions and pick the one that matches the film's pacing.
The David viral is great, but I vastly prefer the theatrical introduction scene on the Prometheus. Leave perfection alone :)
See my most recent post
Carrot said:Whoa tomorrow?I'm assuming it will be lower quality than the final fancut, but still cool. :)
Whoa tomorrow?I'm assuming it will be lower quality than the final fancut, but still cool. :)
antovolk said:Should I move the Deacon birth scene to the end of credits or should I keep it as it is?
Should I move the Deacon birth scene to the end of credits or should I keep it as it is?
MeNotMindingItHurts said:Put the opening scene at the end of the film.
Put the opening scene at the end of the film.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!