Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Weyland Investors Extended Fan Cut (NO file sharing allowed)
  • virtftwvirtftw  
    Colonist
    Indeed.

*looks down. "my my, big things really can have small beginnings"
  • CarrotCarrot  (1 like this)
    SpaceBiscuit
    Rewatching it, I really like the Shaw wandering scene all together.  And it's ok that it's jumpy since it seems disoriented.
    I hope there is more footage of it though, because that could be a really intense sequence if a minute long. 
    We get a real sense of the vastness of Prometheus' corridors etc

Fifeild attack doesn't work as well for me, since it's too jumpy.
    And it's not badly filmed.  It just looks like someone took a longer fight sequence, and edited the crap out of it
  • relu84relu84  
    Colonist
    Hi! I'm sorry if I'm asking about something obvious to this forum regulars, but... how do I acquire the fan cut in 720 or 1080p when it's ready? I have the impression it's like for insiders only ;)
  • ViscalViscal  (2 like this)
    Brometheus
    Hi relu84. It hasn't been made yet because all of the deleted scenes from the upcoming Blu-ray have yet to be released. Forum user Antovolk will be creating the fan edit.

We will premiere his edit (I hope) on October 6th here on PrometheusForum
    I wanna go home and party.
  • antovolkantovolk  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    After the Livestream premiere, I'll make final touch ups for HD rendering, and this will be distributed in 720p via PMs. The official rule is that you must own any of the HD home releases (digital, and/or Blu-ray) to legally have a copy of is edit.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (2 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    sign me up, put me away, lock the door and throw away the key
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • antovolkantovolk  
    Colonist

?
  • antovolkantovolk  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Just to clear this up, you don't have to own the releases, but to be on the right side of things you should. Just saying.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    antovolk said:

?

That means he cant wait for your edit :P
    I wanna go home and party.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (4 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    How will the Fifield scene play out like?

Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  •  

How will the Fifield scene play out like?

The original sequencing of the scenes is described on the writers's commentary. From what I remember:

-Holloway dies

-Shaw blacks out and wakes up in med bay

-I'm guessing the deleted scene with Vickers and Janek goes here???

-Shaw attacks the medics and performs the C-section

-After the C-section, Shaw meets Weyland

-While Shaw, David and Weyland are in the elevator heading to meet the Engineer, the deleted Fifield Attacks scene happens, in which:

1. Many mercenaries die holding Fifield back while Weyland boards the ATV; meanwhile, Janek suits up.

2. The driver is the guy Fifield hooks with the axe and pulls out of the back door, while Janek arrives;

3. Shaw takes control of the ATV and backs over Fifield with it; Janek enters and torches Fifield while Shaw crushes him.

4. Shaw and Janek have an alternate version of their conversation before Shaw departs.

Something like that. With the screenplay, a complete reconstruction may be possible, but LOTS of little bits of footage are needed to make it work the way it was intended to, so it's gonna be a lot of work for the creator of the new edit.

• RustyMufflerRustyMuffler  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    This is my first post but I've been lurking quite some time. Just wanted to weigh in on the beginning scenes of the fan cut. I just finished watching all of the deleted scenes and the Peter Weyland Files and after doing so, realized how well the Peter Weyland Files stuff could be worked into the beginning of the film, pre-flight. You may already have this under consideration and if so, good work! But if not, I just wanted to suggest the following sequence:

1. Arrival Of The Engineers

2. Peter Weyland Extended TED Conference

3. Isle Of Skye Scenes

4. Quiet Eye: Elizabeth Shaw

5. Happy Birthday, David (This might not work, but would be a nice intro to David before we actually meet him roaming the ship.)

Then on to the Prometheus in flight with David wandering. Perhaps intercut some of the Prometheus Transmission video with David's stuff. On its own, it would be a bit long in the tooth for inclusion. But well cut with David's scenes, I think it would play. There is some good Holloway stuff in there.

Looking forward to seeing the final cut once available. Good luck! :)
    SpaceBiscuit
    Quiet Eye should come before Isle of Skye imo

Because she's been bugging Weyland all this time about her research.  Isle of Skye was the last piece of evidence that convinced him, due to the finding being the eldest.
    Also she changes her hair colour after meeting Holloway.

so imo

1. Arrival Of The Engineers

2. Peter Weyland Extended TED Conference full

3. Quiet Eye: Elizabeth Shaw full

4. Isle Of Skye Scene

5. Full Transmission

6. David roaming the ship etc
  • ProtozoidProtozoid  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Really loved the final batch of deleted scenes. I think the only thing about it I wouldn't recommend using is the alternate "fucking robot" line. I think Shaw being so cruel to David is justified by the story, but I like that in the theatrical cut she doesn't seem petty, and finds David nonthreatening in headless form. After all, Shaw knows that David was following orders and wanted Weyland dead, so it makes sense to me that they would be on good terms at the end of the film.

Rather than tell the fan-editor what to do, I'll just say what I would do with all of his resources:

1. Arrival of the Engineers extended scene

2. Peter Weyland TED Conference - full - follows the first scene.

4. All of the deleted scenes included up EXCEPT alternate Fifield Attacks (personal preference)

5. Add extended "Paradise" footage but use the footage from the theatrical version wherever possible.

The other virals don't really fit for me because they contain redundant information about the characters, imo. The Weyland one, however, adds rich layers to the rest of the film by bringing up the Nietzchean themes -- especially with regards to personal ethics and God. This is VERY helpful to the film. It is kindof long, however. I would watch the various versions and pick the one that matches the film's pacing.

The David viral is great, but I vastly prefer the theatrical introduction scene on the Prometheus. Leave perfection alone :)

• MadEyeMadEye  
    Colonist
    Can't wait for this after seeing all the deleted scenes.

Barring that Holloway sequence in the morning I think all the scenes will benefit the movie hugely.

Probably won't be able to make the screening watch but will get the download and am still getting the 4 disk Blu-ray here in Australia.

• CarrotCarrot  (2 like this)
    SpaceBiscuit
    Hm, I think the Holloway sequence in the morning is great.
    Especially so they have one more little "moment" before he dies
  • CarrotCarrot  
    SpaceBiscuit
    Whoa tomorrow?
    I'm assuming it will be lower quality than the final fancut, but still cool.  :)
  • antovolkantovolk  
    Colonist
    Carrot said:

Whoa tomorrow?
    I'm assuming it will be lower quality than the final fancut, but still cool.  :)

Yeah, the livestream AFAIK isn't in HD so I'm just rendering this out at DVD resolution (720x302)
  • MeNotMindingItHurtsMeNotMindingItHurts  (2 like this)
    Spachyderm
    antovolk said:

Should I move the Deacon birth scene to the end of credits or should I keep it as it is?

Cut the Deacon birth scene altogether. Just leave it at Dave and Liz flying off. Leave the Deacon birth for the beginning of your Prometheus 2 fan-cut.
    Alright, whip it out.
    SpaceBiscuit
    No... the film all builds towards the Deacon birth
    cutting it makes zero sense
  • MeNotMindingItHurtsMeNotMindingItHurts  (4 like this)
    Spachyderm
    Put the opening scene at the end of the film.
    Alright, whip it out.
  • CarrotCarrot  (4 like this)
    SpaceBiscuit

Put the opening scene at the end of the film.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.