Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
What music would you pick if you had to pick music for the Blade Runner 2 soundtrack?

• What would you like?
    Alright, whip it out.
  • Chloe835Chloe835  (2 like this)
    FlyingLlama
    Groovy.
  • MeNotMindingItHurtsMeNotMindingItHurts  (1 like this)
    Spachyderm
    Alright, whip it out.
  • Chloe835Chloe835  (2 like this)
    FlyingLlama

Groovy.
  • Alright, whip it out.
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  (2 like this)
    Blade_Runner_Stark

Fits perfectly, besides it was always inspired by Blade Runner.
    Nanomachines, Son
  • blinkypeteblinkypete  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    [tube]
    [/tube]

I have always enjoyed this track. Thought it would work...perhaps not? I enjoy it regardless.
  • CarlotssCarlotss  
    Colonist

Always Vangelis!-if not i would like Sinoia Caves-Evil Ball

• SalkinSalkin  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Vangelis would kind of have to be #1. #2, well... something along the lines of this? Or more likely something new by FLA, without samples from inferior movies ;)

• puckmanpuckman  (3 like this)
    Colonist

Squarepusher has got the pedigree to blow Vangelis out of the water.
    Or maybe Mike Paradinas.

I would like them to compose the soundtrack, not necessarily use these tracks.
  • MeNotMindingItHurtsMeNotMindingItHurts  (2 like this)
    Spachyderm
    Very nice, puckman. Very, very nice.
    Alright, whip it out.
  • Alright, whip it out.
  • puckmanpuckman  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    @MeNotMinding...
    I aim to please :)

Some neon metropolis incidental music ...

• pfusrpfusr  
    Colonist
    it would have to have teh vast spaces, the grandeur, the power, the clarity, teh tiny details.  there is teh 1940s noir aesthetic.  and the urban asian future dominance aesthetic.

some tentative explorations...

"...he has created eternity, which was to have measured his power, and which measures his unending defeat."
  • pfusrpfusr  
    Colonist
    no, scratch that [nother link changed mind abt]. can't find 'delete post' button
    "...he has created eternity, which was to have measured his power, and which measures his unending defeat."
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    @pfusr 

One YouTube video per post will probably get your more replies as people generally don't bother clicking multiple videos in one post ;)

And it stops the thread becoming a long list of videos that nobody watches at all
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • pfusrpfusr  
    Colonist
    @ vodi

i don't really mind not getting replies for videos, as i said to you in another thread  :)  if anyone should see that someone has stuck a few obscure youtube vids here, he/she/they are welcome not to bother to listen if they so wish.  however, this punter does bother, and actually appreciates seeing a few vids in one post that are linked thematically or in some other way.

if i should ever happen to put as many as three links together again sometime, you need not remind me a third time about the probable lack of the replies that i won't mind about not getting for videos. THANK YOU
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    @pfusr 

Other people care about replies, so having to scroll through a single post with lots of videos can prove annoying

I mentioned it numerous times for a reason

It's not the content of the videos that is the issue; obscure or not, it's irrelevant 

Having lots of videos per post makes navigating threads troublesome for some and generally clogs up the thread

Surely you can honour my request and at least click "POST COMMENT" once after you link 1 video?

Simple forum etiquette

Cheers

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • ChevalierChevalier  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    There's probably enough music from Vangelis' studio albums that could be used in BR2 if needed.

That said, I might say Paul Haslinger -- but only his 90's stuff like Future Primitive, World Without Rules, Score and this:

Unfortunately most of his other stuff into the 2000's are shite!
    "Oh no! Not the Hall of Death again! The only way out of here is death!" - Mike Dawson, Dark Seed II.
  • RADIONICA1RADIONICA1  
    Colonist

And especially:

• NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Blade Runner always sounded kind of 80s. Dark and grim and bleak, but 80s, nonetheless. It's no different the dark cityscape harkening to black and white noir films of yore. A sort of capsule effect, if you want to call it that.

In my opinion, a sequel wouldn't sound right unless the music continued along the same vein. It doesn't have to be identical, or even by the same artist, but keep the feel of the original more or less intact.
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • Brian_O_BlivionBrian_O_Blivion  (1 like this)
    Lazer_Brain
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    It needs to Blues mixed in with a synth...
    Or something along those lines. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • Alright, whip it out.
  • That sounded a bit like a James Bond theme at the end, but aye, I'd love to hear that track in the new film. Is it strange that the shot of the lift door closing and then jumping into the credits with that soundtrack kicking in is one of my favourite moments in the film? It's not like I wanted the film to end or anything or the like.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.