Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Dead Space
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    anyone else play this game???

i find it a little to intense and it makes me feel very uneasy , to the point were i don't realise i'm holding my breath.
    using my ps3 surround sound headphones really does not help either  
    :-SS
    In 1856, a fisherman from a tiny hamlet on the New England coast made a terrible pact with serpentine beasts from beneath the sea, that he might create the most delicious sweet seen upon the Earth since the days of the great Elder Race. Thus was forged the satanic pact between peanut butter and chocolate that resulted in the mutant offspring you see before you!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Love  dead space 1 and 2.
    Though i find 1 scarier.
    It also takes a lot of cues from the Alien series. 

Anxiously waiting for 3. First it seemed like it wasn't going to be as scary, but new content released proves otherwise...so awesome! 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (2 like this)
    NukSuKow
    I prefer 1 over 2. Confession. The first time I played it I was high so it was intense as fuck. Def a mash up between Alien and The Thing.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    My brother loved the shit out of this game. I hear they're making a movie?
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

The first Dead Space was excellent - a true tense survial horror experience, which, although relying on jump scares and lack of ammo to make the experience work, it worked and it worked well. I was actually nervous to explore the medical area where the first black thing attacked - which is a good effort for a game to make me nervous.

The second Dead Space was like Aliens to Dead Space's Alien - bigger and louder with impressive set pieces - but not so scary. Still fun to play though.

I'm afraid this 3rd Dead Space is going fully the path of action over claustraphobia and scares - but we shall see.

Suck fuddlety!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    ummester said:

I'm afraid this 3rd Dead Space is going fully the path of action over claustraphobia and scares - but we shall see.

Are you sure ummester? I also thought that way, until....

;)
    Nanomachines, Son
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Looks like it will be fun to play John - but the Necros are too visible. The first one was very dark and kept them in the shadows. The trailer was even spooky:)

Suck fuddlety!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    oh yeah, that song kept going in my head for weeks. 
    I think Dead Space 3 might be a pleasent surprise.
    I was very very worried when i saw the first footage for the ice planet with the co op partner.

BUt it seems like there is a huge fleet of dead ships in the reaches of that ice planet that we need to explore. And there are even, hear this, funerary ships with necromorph mummies inside them. 
    What other kinds of ships might be dead up there?  
    military? religious? Wedding? School? 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Also ummester what are some of your favorite moments from the series? 

i like 

the ishimura's plant section; that giant plant boss; the hive mind boss; the raptor like creatures in dead space 2; LOVED revisiting the ishimura on DS2. It was so spooky knowing it all began there. LOVED the necromorph army marching towards the giant marker and LOVED when you turn off the power and you let them in to kill the military!

So many good moments overall in Dead space! Too many to count really. It's just so great of a series. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    i liked the 1st one but i find the 2nd to be alot more intense atmosphere-wise . 
    the 3rd one looks amazing , me and my dad can't wait to get into the co-op together , gonna put it on hold for colonial marines though 
    :-bd
    In 1856, a fisherman from a tiny hamlet on the New England coast made a terrible pact with serpentine beasts from beneath the sea, that he might create the most delicious sweet seen upon the Earth since the days of the great Elder Race. Thus was forged the satanic pact between peanut butter and chocolate that resulted in the mutant offspring you see before you!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    doomtrain said:

i liked the 1st one but i find the 2nd to be alot more intense atmosphere-wise . 

the 2nd one looks amazing , me and my dad can't wait to get into the co-op together , gonna put it on hold for colonial marines though 
    :-bd

That will be very hard for me. is it like a week apart, their release dates? 
    I love both franchises so much...i might as well start saving up. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • doomtraindoomtrain  (1 like this)
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    within 2 weeks of another lol , i just got passed the huge necro who throws you out of the window onto the gunship lol , very intense set-piece lol  sheeeesh......
  • ummesterummester  (1 like this)
    AssFlower

My farourite bit was he bit that creeped me out John, in DS1 when you have to get a keycard from a dead doctor or something. The lighting there was very effecting.

And that bit with all the candles and chanting.

Suck fuddlety!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Oh i just remembered another great bit, present in dead space 2 too, so it's spoilerish if you haven't finished doom.

the regenerator
    Nanomachines, Son
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    lol i am not clicking that spoiler link dude , i clicked on one of your earlier ones and saw the comment regarding the return to the source......
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    dead space. . is that the game Alien ripped off? :P
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    i really don;t get the alien rip off stuff ???

apart from the dark shadows and tunnels , but that's hardly a rip off is it 
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Well dead space took alot from alien, but not much that other movies didn't.

The dark ambiance
    worn out, old ships, decaying
    Mining vessel
    alien infection 
    people aren't soldiers
    the sounds...very reminiscent...score and all
    Very lovecraftian....the markers and 
    some biomechanoid design in those mushy corridors. 

gotta give it to dead space though, a thousand other movies did it...and they didn't do it half as effectively as dead space. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    I was just joking, referring to the youtubers you get haha.

but yeah Dead Space is one hell of a game. It looks like dead space 3 is going the Resident evil 5 way though :(
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    i think it takes alot more cues from silent hill to be honest
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    doomtrain said:

i think it takes alot more cues from silent hill to be honest

Silent hill? Not saying it isn't true, but how? 
    They are not even similar. 
    Silent hill (which i also love) deals with trauma, depression, feeling to be punished
    Dead Space is about space, isolation, panic, dementia. 

I think SH is a guy scratching fingernails on a black board
    while dead space is more of repeated blasts with small intervals of peace in the middle. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid

doomtrain said:

Silent hill? Not saying it isn't true, but how? 
    They are not even similar. 
    Silent hill (which i also love) deals with trauma, depression, feeling to be punished
    Dead Space is about space, isolation, panic, dementia. 

isacs dementia seems to be focused on the loss of his girlfriend and the guilt he carries for it .
    plus the whole playschool scenario with demonic babies .
    evil cult.
    demonoc entitys infecting the minds of the living and using past memorys and guilt to control them
    industrial sound effects in the background.

should i go on???

• John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    It does have elements in common, but it does not look silent hill-ish. If that is a word. It happens a lot, movies share themes and games, but they don't feel like they belong together.

But Alien and Dead Space...are very very similar both in the visual department, sound department and creatures. And that's by no means a bad thing. If i was making a game of scifi horror i would def base it on Alien. That's the movie you want your game to resemble imo. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    Inspired by this or that but who cares. one thing is for certain. Dead space is the "Alien" of the science fiction genre of computer games
  • doomtraindoomtrain  
    Human_Sushi_Hybrid
    i don't think the monsters from dead space look anything like the one from alien , except for one that appears very briefly , and dead space is waaaaay scarier than alien , if anything , anybody considering making an alien movie should take notes
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (1 like this)
    NukSuKow
    The creatures in Dead Space in no way resemble Giger's Alien. There are definitely a lot of parallels between the Necromorphs and The Thing though.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.