Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Death by single frame releases: 4 NEW IMAGES!
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    This thing derailed long before boobs were mentioned.
  • ThothThoth  (2 like this)
    Colonist

This thing derailed long before boobs were mentioned.

Boobs?  Where are the boobs? Whose boobs are we talking about?
  • radionarcotixradionarcotix  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I want to know more about this picture.

Resembles one of Giger's concepts he did for Alien. (A silo which originally was going to contain the egg chamber.):
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The new animated GIF is the most detailed look of the big giant head yet as far as I can see. Did anybody notice the amount of what looks like deliberate damage around the eye socket before?

• rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    Has the giant head been defaced?
  • Or maybe the crumble is hinting that the eyes are able to open.

DUN DUN DUN!
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    Apple in the All Father's eye

My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • ThothThoth  
    Colonist

The new animated GIF is the most detailed look of the big giant head yet as far as I can see. Did anybody notice the amount of what looks like deliberate damage around the eye socket before?

I believe those are symbols/markings and meant to be like tatoos.
  • MoveDallasMoveDallas  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

I wanna job writing computer graphics software for futuristic displays that don't have to do anything but look cool and appear to be vaguely functional.

Just make sure the little lights are blinking in sequence! ;)
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    Thoth said:

No, I think what rogue is talking about is real damage. From other angles it looks like a cut, like the surface was hit by a heavy object and it broke the "skin". There are other pictures that show it more clearly.  It's been visible since the beginning.  There are symbols/tattoos too, but there's also this region of damage.
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Time, age, moisture, acid for blood, take your pick.  That is a design idea we may never know about.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • xinau said:

Thoth said:

No, I think what rogue is talking about is real damage. From other angles it looks like a cut, like the surface was hit by a heavy object and it broke the "skin". There are other pictures that show it more clearly.  It's been visible since the beginning.  There are symbols/tattoos too, but there's also this region of damage.

Yes, I see the deliberately carved cuneiform-like markings, specifically the triangular one below the orbit, but I hadn't noticed the more random pockmarks and gouges before now. I know we're seeing gif artefacts on top of jpeg artefacts on top of mpeg artefacts there (phew!) but there is quite a lot of damage. Somebody attempting to "blind" the head? Or just gizmology to make it look old?
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    I went back and looked at other images of the big head -- the damage I remembered seeing is above the brow, not below it.

Sorry rogue!

(not that you might not have a point here -- just that I was confused earlier)
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

I went back and looked at other images of the big head -- the damage I remembered seeing is above the brow, not below it.

Sorry rogue!

(not that you might not have a point here -- just that I was confused earlier)

Given the strange colour of the Head and it's mix of engravings and embossing I would suggest that the original stone has been overlayed with the same type of material as the changing ceiling that Shaw witnesses. I would not be surprised to see the Head's surface change at some point in the movie.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    The big head is crying, like David - how sweet. Perhaps that theory that our creators are what we would consider synthetic is true - who made who?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (1 like this)
    Catpower
    can anyone work out the hypersleep display? any real world applications?
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • EffectzEffectz  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Those pictures look wonderful,why are they using the flame throwers?Also the guy on the left looks like hes looking under the vehicle with a flamethrower.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (4 like this)
    Catpower
    his looking for cuddles ;) the creature not actual cuddles
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • xinauxinau  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I swear that temple mound looks just like a giant sandstorm just waiting to happen :D

That medpod is a gorgeous prop -- very believable. And the detailing is amazing -- check out the little control panel on the pedestal with embedded LEDs and the buttons for raising, lowering, etc.

Did you guys notice the same semiotic icons in the upper left of Shaw's display as we saw on the Project Prometheus web site?

• kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

I swear that temple mound looks just like a giant sandstorm just waiting to happen :D

That medpod is a gorgeous prop -- very believable. And the detailing is amazing -- check out the little control panel on the pedestal with embedded LEDs and the buttons for raising, lowering, etc.

Did you guys notice the same semiotic icons in the upper left of Shaw's display as we saw on the Project Prometheus web site?

Yeah, you're right about those signals, xinau. I took an enlarged screen shot of that area of the lo-res photo and didn't notice or the resolution was too poor to see the symbols.

Appended:

Those seem to be the first three symbols associated with Project Prometheus not the current three.
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

I think the entrance to the interior of the mound wasn't there originally.  It looks like big chunks of stone have been removed to expose the support structure at the base.  Since the crew of the Prometheus didn't make that opening, who did?

That giant mound says "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

xinau said:

I think the entrance to the interior of the mound wasn't there originally.  It looks like big chunks of stone have been removed to expose the support structure at the base.  Since the crew of the Prometheus didn't make that opening, who did?

That giant mound says "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"

The other image of the entrance shows that the supports look more like legs than anything else. I still contend that the Domes were air-lifted into position.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    In certain ancient civilizations succesive rulers (native or invaders) would often erase or copy over established accomplishments in order to take credit or exert dominance (Egyptian pharoahs were notorious for this). I wonder if that's what we're seeing on this planet? The native civilization hit the skids and the next phase moved on in?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.