Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus Viral - "Quiet Eye"
  • TankJrTankJr  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    "Lizbeth Shaw". Heh.

Cool video. It certainly seems to suggest there's more than meets the eye with Shaw and her motivations.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    The metro station images are also on this forum in another thread.
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    Nice catch, Tank.

Saw it, and it kinda registered but didn't get the connection until your post --

And I just saw the movies!!

:(

/old
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • GilouGilou  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    some pictures here : 

it doesn't look that good

here is the list of the stations in the train, with a little stickers with the name "Prometheus" on it

• kjohnson26kjohnson26  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Look on the last page of the "Misc Prometheus Stuff" thread.

Appended:

Jonesy also put up a YT video in that thread.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Thanks KJ.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • RaiderCrusaderRaiderCrusader  (1 like this)
    Colonist

I'm fairly sure that it is Noomi Rapace. The other question would be why they have so many images of Shaw that may not have come from phone calls. Has she been under surveillance for some time or is this just the way things are done in the conjectured future?

I'm not sure those are pictures of Shaw... the names on the left keep changing as it cycles through more and more pictures... I think it's just the Yutani software trying to identify her conclusively and matching her image against all these other names that sound like "elizabeth shaw".  Eventually it stops cycling through pictures and settles on the correct name as well.  The implication here is that everyone who uses this Yutani software is constantly being recorded in a big-brotherish type of way.

We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist

I'm fairly sure that it is Noomi Rapace. The other question would be why they have so many images of Shaw that may not have come from phone calls. Has she been under surveillance for some time or is this just the way things are done in the conjectured future?

I'm not sure those are pictures of Shaw... the names on the left keep changing as it cycles through more and more pictures... I think it's just the Yutani software trying to identify her conclusively and matching her image against all these other names that sound like "elizabeth shaw".  Eventually it stops cycling through pictures and settles on the correct name as well.  The implication here is that everyone who uses this Yutani software is constantly being recorded in a big-brotherish type of way.

There are at least 5 images of Shaw interspaced among those small photos. In one she seems to be laughing.
  • BonusituationBonusituation  (3 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    Looks like Peter Weyland himself is doing a lie detector and identification test on her call using Yutani "polygraph" software.

On the displays it says LIC WEYLAND CORP. - INV USER: P. WEYLAND PVM

And she passes the test about 1 minute in to the video.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    I wonder what "PVM" means? Personal Video Monitor?

Is he watching it live rather than just recording it?
  • RaiderCrusaderRaiderCrusader  
    Colonist

There are at least 5 images of Shaw interspaced among those small photos. In one she seems to be laughing.

I see what you're talking about now.  Yes, those are pictures of Shaw, although, to answer your original question, I think this is just photos they have of her that they used to identify her.  It doesn't seem like she's been under surveillance any more than the rest of those people have.   
    We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
  • RaiderCrusaderRaiderCrusader  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I'm extremely bothered by how this video fits into the timeline...

So we have...

2073 - Weyland researchers discover exact coordinates for Project Prometheus and begin planning for it.

2074 - Yutani Polygraph software copyright... which seems odd since you would think that they would keep updating the software and then also keep updating the copyright... that's what most companies do, right?

2079 - Timestamp on this transmission.  6 years after Weyland supposedly knew where he was going and had a reason for going there that has nothing to do with Shaw's discoveries.   Perhaps Shaw was being used by Weyland as a public face for the mission so that he could keep his more selfish motives secret?

• tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    ARC said:

It seems that Yutani are involved in some form of possible AI tech for recognition technologies.  Perhaps they can provide the final piece of the puzzle with regard to Android tech, thus paving the way toward the Ash model.

Link this back to the recall of David 7 models for the failure of its 'facial recognition sensors', which caused certain 7s to misread surprise and interest as anger and frustration respectively.

Woot.
    Perfect organism.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist

I'm extremely bothered by how this video fits into the timeline...

So we have...

2073 - Weyland researchers discover exact coordinates for Project Prometheus and begin planning for it.

2074 - Yutani Polygraph software copyright... which seems odd since you would think that they would keep updating the software and then also keep updating the copyright... that's what most companies do, right?

2079 - Timestamp on this transmission.  6 years after Weyland supposedly knew where he was going and had a reason for going there that has nothing to do with Shaw's discoveries.   Perhaps Shaw was being used by Weyland as a public face for the mission so that he could keep his more selfish motives secret?

The timeline dates in the viral marketing don't seem to line up well with some of the dates that are appearing in news media articles. Originally in January the dates for the Prometheus were 2083 leaves Earth and arrives at its destination in 2085 after 2.5 years travel. Lately there have been reports of the dates for leaving being 2089 or 2093.

There is now stuff up on the Weyland site saying Prometheus was built in 2073 (completed 2072, first mission summer of 2073) as a replacement for the Heliades class of FTL ships.

Maybe Prometheus has already made several unsuccessful trips looking for alien civilizations and that is part of the reason Vickers expects the current trip to not find anything.

Appended:

There seems to be some weird stuff going on at the WeylandIndustries site under "Press".
  • virtftwvirtftw  (1 like this)
    Colonist

The left screen shows that the software has been licensed to Weyland Corporation and the user is P. Weyland. So it may not necessarily be something intercepted by Yutani. The copyright date for the software is given as 2074.

The bar indicating "honesty" seems quite high all of the time it is displayed. It would seem she is probably not lying. The "malintent" indicator iseems low when it is displayed. She shows high "determination" and "anxiety".

Appended: 

The date of the call is 04:08:2079. Time 21:10.

Any megacorporation competing for the resources of the solar system and beyond will ensure that when its technology is licensed to another potentially competing corporation it is able to use that technology license to obtain industrial intelligence on that potential competitor.

This is not something far fetched, it is pretty common. Standard operating procedure even. Modern day examples range from free usb sticks with embedded toolsets given away at conventions to research labs having to hire external security agencies to pick apart instruction sets in embedded chipsets in lab equipment (even we at our university face that requirement all too often). As an historic example there's always the good old telephone & switch system which once invented and marketed provided easy entry to surveillance across the world.

It is probably not going to be that relevant for Prometheus 1, but I don't doubt that the race between Weyland and Yutani will contain such facets in competition.
    *looks down. "my my, big things really can have small beginnings"
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    More Yutani references...interesting.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • spacemonkeyspacemonkey  
    Colonist
    I think some of you may be reading to much into this. to me, it seems like the vid is being analyzed with a Yutani made software program
  • VisionistVisionist  (3 like this)
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam

Some VERY strong Metal Gear Solid vibes from this viral!

The Best one yet. Noomi is, as usual, Beautiful.

I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • repliconreplicon  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    So, if you make a video call in the future you could be getting Voight Kampffed at the same?
  • spacemonkeyspacemonkey  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Noomi, ahhh. interesting and pretty face but I saw her nude in another swedish movie and it's not at all impressive.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

I don't think its Ripley/Sigourney Weaver. There are multiple images of Shaw/Noomi Rapace among the other images of faces being tested. I think the image in question is of Shaw wearing sunglasses and a green cap. There is a profile image of her in the same cap but without the glasses later in that sequence.

Appended:

I think it's just an extension of the type of Big Brother society we are becoming. What with CCTV, Social Media monitoring, telecoms monitoring, etc. it would not be hard to imagine a future where everyone is 'recorded' from birth to death.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • SpazSpaz  
    Colonist
    I found it interesting to see that she was prominently wearing a cross necklace
    good fiction’s job is to comfort the disturbed, and disturb the comfortable
  • edou777edou777  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Gilou said:

some pictures here : 

it doesn't look that good

here is the list of the stations in the train, with a little stickers with the name "Prometheus" on it

WOOooo.. A metro station created only for a movie....  Here it goes so far  O_O
  • NautilusNautilus  
    Colonist
    I stll dont get the premise behind this video, from what we are lead to believe from the viral marketing that this is a trillion dollar project that Weyland has had to get external financing in order to go ahead.

Assuming she is trying to get a meeting with Weyland in order to pitch here idea, why would you need to do a polygraph on her initial message?  If she has discovered something then as a scientist her ideas would be published and have to been peer reviewed by others, especially Weylands own scientists as a feasibility study.  This feasibility study would be included as part of the prospectus for potential investors.

I get RS is trying to push the belief angle needed in order get proof for a scientific theory, but still like I said earlier for me it was pretty underwhelming.
  • BerenBeren  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Yutani eh?

Wouldn't be surprised if Weyland and Yutani are rivals and control the public in their separate factions but together they are secretly sharing whisky's at the fireplace in time for Aliens.
    Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.